VIN stamped on body

-

Dartnewbie

Former Dart owner
Reaction score
I just got an e-mail from the Ohio State Highway Patrol that stated that the VIN is stamped on 63 Dodge cars in the secret hidden locations. Can anyone verify this? I was under the impression that the VIN was not stamped on the car bodies in 63. Just trying to avoid the issues another member had when his VIN tag was stolen by gathering information to identify the car before a possible VIN attack. So according to the OHP, the numbers are on the body to prove the VIN without the factory tag. Anyone who has done a complete restoration would know where they were if that is true.

On a 73, its on the radiator support. I never checked my 63, so I cannot verify without checking tomorrow.

I thought someone on here said the bodies weren't stamped until 69. If that is indeed the case, I need to document my car as good as possible in case the VIN tag comes up missing. The OHP said they can check the car but they may have to dismantle some parts and/or leave the car over night for them to check it. That and the nearest post to do so is about 40 miles away so not sure if it is worth the effort and the time just for the remote possibility of the VIN tag being stolen. Hopefully will never be an issue but it did happen to a member in Washington state.

-
Back