Vin stampings on 70/71 A bodies...HELP!

-

mopara&b

Reaction score
Were the VIN numbers stamped on the bodies of 1970/71 Darts and Scamps. I have a 71 Scamp and I am trying to find these numbers. I have looked for them on my neighbor's 70 Dart Swinger as well and can't find them. Neither appears to have them on the core support. Where should I be looking?

trunk lip pass side, about where a butt stripe would be located.

If it's a Canadian built car it may not have a core support stamping.

I am not sure about the 70 Dart, but the 71 Scamp is a Windsor built car. I will look under the trunk lip and see if it is there. Thank you for your help! It is much appreciated...

on that trunk lip... it could be under the trunk weather molding. may not be able to see it without removing the seal.

If it is a Canada bult car it is under the passenger side fender on the inner fender. To find it you will have to remove the fender.

I am very confident it is completely #'s matching...just want to confirm the body numbers. Everything else is 100% matching. I found 3 buildsheets and the Chrysler of Canada IBM punch card in the car so far. I hope I will find the numbers under the trunk lip, because I'm not feeling all that motivated about removing a fender. It's much easier to find on the B-Body!

Thanks again for your help!

-
Back