Status
Not open for further replies.

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Check out this vintage funny car on Ebay. It`s a 66 Charger with a hemi. Great old school find! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...emQQimsxZ20090405?IMSfp=TL0904051510007r26918

!BP4+Oj!!mk~$(KGrHgoOKioEjlLmeN7IBJ1+0rC7nw~~_1.jpg

db42_1.jpg

d11d_1.jpg

Well damn, I`m glad I posted some pics with it. It was located somewhere in Alabama and was in the 5k range. Great old piece of racing history.

Well damn, I`m glad I posted some pics with it. It was located somewhere in Alabama and was in the 5k range. Great old piece of racing history.

What!!?? I bet it was a scam, that is dirt cheap for a piece of history!

HOTMOPR, your link worked for me too. I`m trying another link now and it seems to be working. Thanks for the help.

I think it is cool. There is no doubt it is cool. But it is a major piece of crap. I would never buy it. It would be cool to hang from the ceiling of a shop or something. Maybe do something with the motor. I dont know. The dude should have kept it inside.

Anyboby priced a 426 hemi block and heads lately?
Is the body glass?
It would be a lot of work but if some history could
be dug up it might turn into a gold mine.
I'd ask about past history and pictures.

Anyboby priced a 426 hemi block and heads lately?
Is the body glass?
It would be a lot of work but if some history could
be dug up it might turn into a gold mine.
I'd ask about past history and pictures.

Expensive block but whats to say the one in the car is good. Probably sitting outside or unheated through many damp cycles. It would need a complete tear down.

I was told the motor (360) was good in my Duster when I bought it. Only known issue blown headgasket. Heads were off when I got it light rust on cylinder walls also. Flipped it over on the stand pulled crank and pistons (have a set of 30 over srp rods and pistons assembled for-sale) honed out 1 good,2 good ,3 cracks in the water jacket,4 good ,5 cracked as #3 ,block scraped.

Problem wasn't a headgasket :toothy10:

I would guess the body is all steel. Forget the broom holding it up but check out the block and tackle or rope holding it up. That's some redneck engineering :toothy10:

BIDDING ENDED

Current bid: US $14,100.00
Reserve not met

Must be more to the story than meets the eye.

!BP4+Oj!!mk~$(KGrHgoOKioEjlLmeN7IBJ1+0rC7nw~~_1.jpg

a collector from the nastalgic funny car ranks needs to see this body,, and do some thing with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back