Vintage 68 Dart Pictures

-

DTFTH45

We Are...Penn State!
Reaction score
And after he wrecked it. He works for PennDot and knew the light was supposed to be on blink, but it wasn't and he saw the yellow flash (light was going green to red), so he just cruised though and caught the rear quarter panel of some older women....and their truck was filled with beer :shock:

View attachment DSCN0060.jpg

View attachment DSCN0061.jpg

View attachment DSCN0062.jpg

They really hacked up the car, so he had to get new hood / fenders. Drove with the primer like that till got pulled over for having classic plates. So had to get painted right. He also had to whole car painted just before the accident.

View attachment DSCN0063.jpg

View attachment DSCN0064.jpg

View attachment DSCN0065.jpg

I love seeing old pics like that. Although he didnt buy it new, my dad still has the 1972 Buick Skylark Custom that he bought in 1986 (I was 7). We have lots of pics of my family with it also, it was the daily driver until the mid-90s. Its been sitting for over 15 years, but...I have the old man talked into moving it to my house! I have been hounding him for 27 years, maybe he is giving in lol.

I love seeing old pics like that. Although he didnt buy it new, my dad still has the 1972 Buick Skylark Custom that he bought in 1986 (I was 7). We have lots of pics of my family with it also, it was the daily driver until the mid-90s. Its been sitting for over 15 years, but...I have the old man talked into moving it to my house! I have been hounding him for 27 years, maybe he is giving in lol.

Haha, well I hounded Dad to get working at the Dart and its still at the garage. He had the Z24 for a few years, but the computer was junk, and it would just randomly shut off. Funny story about it, he was going to work in it, and got a speeding ticket on I-81 (65 mph speed limit). While he was pulled over, his wife (my mom) drove by as she was heading to school...he didn't hear then end of that one. They then got a 1992 Z34 Lumina, and I remember riding in that some. But that went bad eventually too...then they got a mini-van. Thank God then tranny in that died right before I got my permit so I didn't get stuck driving it and was able to get my Intrepid.

Haha, well I hounded Dad to get working at the Dart and its still at the garage. He had the Z24 for a few years, but the computer was junk, and it would just randomly shut off. Funny story about it, he was going to work in it, and got a speeding ticket on I-81 (65 mph speed limit). While he was pulled over, his wife (my mom) drove by as she was heading to school...he didn't hear then end of that one. They then got a 1992 Z34 Lumina, and I remember riding in that some. But that went bad eventually too...then they got a mini-van. Thank God then tranny in that died right before I got my permit so I didn't get stuck driving it and was able to get my Intrepid.

Whats strange is our Buick was parked in 1994, because my parents bought a 1992 Z24! They put over 200k miles on that thing, but rust took over. It sat for the last 4 years, my dad just chopped it up and scrapped it last week. Would you believe he cut it in half, and made two trips to the junkyard, using his engine hoist to put each half in the back of his 1964 Dodge longbed??

And yes, I would also be pretty darn thankful the minivan trans went when it did!

Whats strange is our Buick was parked in 1994, because my parents bought a 1992 Z24! They put over 200k miles on that thing, but rust took over. It sat for the last 4 years, my dad just chopped it up and scrapped it last week. Would you believe he cut it in half, and made two trips to the junkyard, using his engine hoist to put each half in the back of his 1964 Dodge longbed??

And yes, I would also be pretty darn thankful the minivan trans went when it did!

Oh wow, and yeah, I wasn't gonna drive the brand new Traverse and the insurance did not like the Ram because or RWD and a v8, so I was able to get a car that was at least a little sporty.

-
Back