Vintage air 65 dart

-
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a vintage air unit on a 1965 dart 318 convertible any pics or info will help me out. I called them and they told me I had to figure out what will fit. I was thinking that was their job.

it depends on what "level" you want to go with. meaning:

do you want to replace 100% of your OE components?
want to keep your OE Ac Box and Controls?
Want to replace just the lines and compressor?

I can tell you this from experience, its going to cost between 1000 & 1500 to either completely replace with a Classic Air or Vintage Air system, or restore/rebuild using all OE stuff..

I'm restoring the OE components on my 70 Coronet R/T and my Wife's 75 Duster right now. Its been a LONG process tracking down some stuff, and I'm hoping it'll be worth it in the end (I'm going to use R12 though and not retrofit)

I haven't photos of a how-to yet I have a Vintage Air complete unit in my 64 Signet. I removed all the original Signet components from the vehicle and got the Vintage Air heat and cool system, came with compressor, lines, hoses, aluminum pass through for hoses, condenser, under-dash unit with defroser hook-ups and cost under a G-note .. Great system and took a day to hook it all up..

I had Vintage Air put in my 66 dart gt... Air & heat unit...with chrome compressor, in dash control unit, in dash vents, all hoses, fittings, etc, a/c mounting bracket(compressor, alt) around $1100. Not counting labor. My guy here did the install as we were restoring the dart.. If you go the Heat & Air Unit, I would suggest you buy a "block" plate for your firewall. eliminate your existing heater hose holes.. I bought all my stuff at the Spring Fling show in Daytona Beach at the speedway From Todd @ Auto Air & audio There is one coming up soon and you can save $$ by buying at the show!

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial] Website: www.autoairandaudio.com [/FONT]

he also does installs and is in winter haven.....

one the best investments I have made!

That's funny I just got off the phone with todd in winter haven I am going to see him this week at the daytona show

Too Funny!! Todd was very nice to me, very good communication, etc. I went with the air, heat & defrost unit.. tore the old stuff completely out. put the controls in the dash..works great!!! My car is in Delray Beach right now getting a new 360 put in or I would show you mine.. do you ever go to any cruises around your area??? I am looking for some places to cruise when I get my car back...

Here are a few pics I found.. hope they help.

Attachments

• VINTAGEAIR1.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 183
  • VINTAGEAIR.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 185
  • VINTAGEAIR2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 182
  • VINTAGEAIR3.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 202
-
Back