-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Moparz

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I have had these bar signs since the early 1980's & had gotten them from a friend who's parents had them in their basement bar back in the 1970's. Since I never got around to setting up a rec room where I can display them by now, I probably never will & had better offer them up to someone who can use them.

Here is a list of the bar signs in various condition. Most are lighted, & one is unlighted. Some need minor repairs such as a new wire or switch, & one will need more than the missing wire, I just don't know what is wrong. If you want to purchase more than one, or perhaps all, let me know which ones & I will adjust the price for a package deal.

1) Two (2) Lighted Lowenbrau Beer Signs - $45.00 / pr.
Both signs are plastic with a metal backing & work. They are lit up by a florescent bulb inside & have a roller on/off switch in the wire. One is in good condition, but one has damage & missing plastic & good for parts.

2) Lighted Vintage Budweiser Sign - $65.00
This sign has a glass face with a picture behind it & lights up. The front housing is plastic, but the back is steel. There are two hooks on the top to hang it from. The wire is cut, but I temporarily connected a wire to plug it in for testing & it works fine. You will need to add a plug to the wire or replace it. This sign is heavy & the steel backing is a thick gauge. Please keep this in mind for shipping quotes. My guess for the age of this sign is late 1950's by comparing ads for the same sign on ebay, but I have no way to verify.

3) Lighted Vintage 1958 Schlitz Sign - $35.00
The wire was cut & I temporarily connected another wire for testing, but this sign does not work. It could be the bulb, could be the starter, or possibly the transformer, but I don't know & don't have parts to swap out & troubleshoot. The housing is plastic, but the back is steel. This sign is heavy & the steel backing is a thick gauge. Please keep this in mind for shipping quotes. The print on the front states that it has a 1958 copyright. By comparing ads, I have seen this same sign & similar ones listed as high as $300 in nice, working condition.

4) Lite Beer Wooden Keg / Barrel Sign - $35.00
Imitation wood barrel end. (That means plastic) Perfect working order since it uses gravity & just hangs on the wall by two hooks, screws, or nails. There is no light inside, no wires, no moving parts, no switches & nothing to break unless a drunk walks into it & knocks it off the wall & it lands on a hard surface.

5) Seagrams - V.O. Lighted Pedestal Sign - $75.00
This sign is very unique & I haven't seen another one to compare it to. It is a freestanding sign that can sit on a shelf or tabletop & does not hang on the wall. The rolling switch is stiff & may be corroded & wire has been cut. I temporarily connected another wire to test it & it works fine. The lights inside it are like Christmas lights & blink. However, two of the bulbs do not light up.

You will need to possibly change the switch & add a plug to the wire or replace it. This sign is very lightweight & plastic. The back & sides are cardboard & stained. The labels on the fake bottle are loose & need to be reglued. It has a very odd size & shape & will be difficult to wrap & package, so please keep this in mind for shipping quotes. My guess for the age of this sign is 1960's but I have no way to verify.

I would prefer the signs to be picked up, but I will wrap & package safely for free, & ship at buyers expense. Located in the Town of Newburgh, NY 12550. All of the above adds up to $255.00, but I can let them all go for $225.00 as a package deal.

Send a PM to me here, I will take postal money orders, paypal, or cash if picking up in person.

Thanks, Bob.

Pics......

Attachments

• Lighted Beer Signs 001 a.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 522
  • Lighted Beer Signs 002 a.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 486
  • Lighted Beer Signs 003 a.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 481
  • Lighted Budweiser Sign 001 a.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 490
  • Anheuser-Busch 002 A.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 491
  • Lighted Schlitz Sign 001 a.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 493
  • Schlitz Inside 001 a.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 489
  • Lite Beer Barrel Sign 001 a.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 623
  • Seagrams Light 001 a.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 462
  • Seagrams Light 004 a.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 483
The 2 Lowenbrau signs, the Budweiser sign & the Schlitz sign have been sold. I still have the other ones if anyone would like to make an offer.
:burnout:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back