Vinyl Roofs

-

matty mopar

Reaction score
Am I correct in thinking that on any 68 Dart (GTS) that the vinyl top does not go down the front pillar? It should stop before it goes down next to the windsheild, correct?

And is the stripe across the trunk supposed to match the interior color or the vinyl top color?

the vinyl should stop at the time of the A-pillar... I believe after 70 at some point they also ran them down the A-pillar...but I have never seen a 67, 8 or 9 Dart with vinyl running down the A-pillar.. as for the tail stripe, I have seen cars with white tail stripes and black vinyl top, so I dont think it was necessarily that the stripe had to be the same color as the vinyl top... There were (as far as I know) 3 color choices for the tail stripe, black, white, and red... I think that was customers choice...

damn fingers.. that should of said, the vinyl should stop at the TOP of the A-pillar... lol

and this is mine...

Attachments

• mnats2.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 212
Ok.
And should the metal pieces on the door on the interior match the color on the seats?

Depends on the Fender tag.

True... customers had a lot of choices with interiors and interior colors.. the fender tag and especially the build sheet (if it still exists) would be necessary to make sure the colors were right.. bear in mind however if your doing the car to what you like (as opposed to doing faithful to the original scheme restoration) you can pretty much do whatever you choose

Ok.

The stripe on the rear was a decal correct?

And do 68 GTS' have trim along the wheel wells and beneath the doors?
And is the rear grille any different?

The stripe was indeed a decal.. I cant say for certian that the GTS would have wheel lip moldings or rocker moldings standard or if that was an option.. But for some reason I believe they are supposed to have that stuff.. As for rear grille.. are you referring to the finish panel on the trunk lid (between the tail lights)? If so, I know the GT's could have a finish panel, and I believe the GTS's could as well..

As for rear grille.. are you referring to the finish panel on the trunk lid (between the tail lights)? If so, I know the GT's could have a finish panel, and I believe the GTS's could as well..

Yes; that is what I was referring to. Sorry, I forgot the name of it there.
Does the GTS just have the GT emblem?

68 GTS/GT's used a Full Tail pannel. Wheel lip moldings and molding under the doors were optional.

Blue with a black top seems to be the theme... Here is mine.

Attachments

• photo (40).jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 132
maybe we should start a seperate thread with all the blue with black top Darts LOL

-
Back