Vinyl Top Adhesive

• Thread starter Deleted member 38666
  • Start date
-
D

Deleted member 38666

Thanks again for all the help to the FABO friends I have met during my 66 Dodge Dart Restoration. I am going to be installing the vinyl top on the 66, but I can not find a definitive answer on what kind of adhesive to use. All I can find is what not to use! Do any one of our members have some experience in vinyl tops? For a correct adhesive answer I would be very grateful. For now, very confused on the variety of answers, and I do not want to screw it up. Your time is much appreciated. PM me at Old Dart 66.

3-M makes the best contact adhesive I've ever used. Made specifically for automotive vinyl tops. As stated in the referenced post this adhesive is tenacious. I'll get you the 3M # in a bit. Dan

Landau vinyl top glue. This is what is used professionally. When I compared a gallon can of it shipped versus the can's of the 3M I chose the gallon can of Landau vinyl top glue and sprayed it with a Harbor Freight gravity fed spray gun.

To all fabo great help on the vinyl top. Found the answer on the vinyl top and it is an industrial grade HHR (High Heat Resistant) made by DAP--Weldwood Landau. I sprayed it on both surfaces with an old siphon feed gun, and it comes in the can ready to spray. This product is designed specifically for automobile vinyl tops but can be used for headliners and some trim. I bought it from Your Auto Trim.com in Columbus, Miss. The price was right ($30.00), but the freight was a little stiff. Sprayed nice, dried nice (contact adhesive), and I am hoping it is HHR. Thanks to the member who steered me to this product. Old Dart 66

-
Back