Vinyl top dye or coloring

-

snowmobiler7c

Reaction score
Wondering if there is any way to possibly dye or darken a black vinyl top. I had my uncle paint my 70 swingers a couple years back. When he told me it was finished i scheduled it to be droped off at the upholstry shop or a new headliner and vinyl top the day i picked up the car. Unfortunatly the paint was not up to my liking but i had the new top installed because i didnt want to screw the upholstry shop up since they ordered the vinyl and had a spot waiting for the car. Now i recently had the car completely sanded down and repainted by a local shop that did an excellent job. When i got the car home i figured the top was just dusty from all the sanding. After wiping it down and trying stuff like armour all it isnt the dark black in the cracks/seams. I also have a few spots i beleive they may have got some primer near where the trim is and tried to wipe it off. Kinda looks like smeared white.

In all reality it isnt horrible but id really like a nice uniform look to the top and hate to scrap his top. Is there any vinyl dye that i could use? Or would something like back to black trim restorer work??

Just saw this when searching because I have a very similar issue on my top. I think I may have a small amount of over-spray on the top (can figure out what else it would be). I would really hate to scrap the top since it is a good fit and is not cracked or scratched. Any ideas would be appreciated.

-
Back