Vinyl Top Trim?

-

1966er

Reaction score
Did the vinyl top fit under the roof rail drip edge molding on a 72 Dart 2dr HT car?

If so, is that how they are installed by todays standards or just glued tightly up against the drip rail?

Mine has been removed by the PO and it doesn't look like the roof rail drip edge molding was ever taken off to do so. Also, I do not see any signs of vinyl there.

It's been 24 years since I did a vinyl top, and it was done on a 69 Chevelle. But I can't remember how it was attached at the drip edge.

Any help????

it is my understand that the vinyl went under the drip rail molding on all the Darts.. regardless of year... The drip rail molding helps hide the edges of the vinyl as well as help hold it down along the edge.. At least thats how it was on my 69 Dart..

That's how I would think it should be. But there are no signs of the removing of the molding being removed.

I guess the po was that good....

when I got my Dart the vinyl was gone... didnt look as though my drip rails had been removed either... when we took them off to get ready for the new top, we found glue residue and some fragments of the original top under the drip rail moldings... lol... as long as your careful you wont bugger them all up... but I am positive all vinyl top Darts regardless of year, the drip rail moldings go over the vinyl...

when I got my Dart the vinyl was gone... didnt look as though my drip rails had been removed either... when we took them off to get ready for the new top, we found glue residue and some fragments of the original top under the drip rail moldings... lol... as long as your careful you wont bugger them all up... but I am positive all vinyl top Darts regardless of year, the drip rail moldings go over the vinyl...

I take it then that you installed your new top under those moldings?

I take it then that you installed your new top under those moldings?

yes... Moldings were off, and the top goes underneath.. its a little more work to get them back on, of course due to the thickness of the material, but just takes a little patience and alot of pounding with the palm of your hand LOL

-
Back