virginia squirrel revival

-

homeboysduster

Reaction score
i know some of you fellows have heard of the song the "mississippi squirrel revival" well my project 73 plymouth duster had a grand revival of its own!!!!! i found this car in manassas va.owned by a WW2 vet. this guy bought it brand new!!!! s6,auto,4 wheel drums,no power any thing!!!!! got it for $700 in 04. its to be a big block car. 400 to be frank!!!! if you look at the black in the engine compartment its full of acorns!!!! air cleaner,horn,battery tray,vent box, you name it they stored it there!!!! these pice are 4 years old now and from time to time i still "get a nut!!!!"

the first few are of the tear down the last couple are after it came back from the body shop getting the qt's trunk,ext,rockers,and the new tail light section.(not cheap!!!!)8)

well the duster has a new home and a little more work done!!! she's back from the body shop. the gut didn't do to good of a job!:angry7: the lower corner where the door meets the QT and rocker is messed up so out comes the hammer and dolly!!!:angry7: but the new shop looks great and to have my compressor outside of the shop lets me able to think for the first time while staying in the shop!!!! challengergary provided the chrysler, plymouth, and dodge emblems for the wall!!!! WAY COOL!!!!:cheers:​

Love the new shop---clean, clean, clean! I wish I had enough room to paint my garage floor with grey epoxy like that!! It's the perfect backdrop for good photos of the build with great lighting to boot. Nice.

thanks for the comments guys!!! the floor is called U COAT IT. the bench,pics and ect are of my cars and some of the dusters i've seen here.the duster is getting the floors undercoating removed. than its auto body time!!!! plum crazy and black!!!!! with 340 strips from challengergary converted to 400. duster hood scoop and a GO Wing!!!8)

here is a new update for the duster!!!! how about a 400 with keith black pistons,eagle rods,factory steel crank,voodoo cam,comp cams double roller timing gear set,M1 intake TQ 850 carb,zero gap molly rings,440 sorce stealth heads,and lots of chrom!!!!

Wow, you don't mess around! I hope you save some of the acorns to remember the WWII vet and the squirrels.

i really did just that!!! i have a baby food jar with a few of the acorns in it!!! also i for got to add that the motor has ARP main and head studs and a zero deck on the pistons!!! i want to push the limit on pump gas!!!

-
Back