virtual completed car

-

theshootist

Reaction score
hey guys I was wondering if there is a website that can take whatever car you have and allow you to choose the paint, chrome, tires, rims ect. to see what your virtual car would look like completed. I know Les:D Schwab has one for tires but not sure if it exists. If not one of you computer guys should put one together :D:D:D

I actually had an idea for something like that a long time ago. What you need is to tell someone your idea of what you want for your car and just have them render it in like 3DS max, or some rendering program. What you are asking for is something that would cost a huge amount of money and time because you would literally have to create high quality models or buy them, and then make everything fit inside the program. 3d files are not very big, but they aren't small and if you want a high quality one, they are at least $100 and that's not a garantee that it will be perfect either. If you wanted to create a nice size database, it would easily be a couple Gigs big, and that's just for the cars. Wheels and trim and other things like that could easily make it even large by twice if each one needs to be individually made for the car. If you wanted just a 2d normal picture like a sprite (2d file that looks 3d as it rotates to certain angles) from a computer game, that would probably be easier to make and keep the file size down, but on the flip side you'd have to take pictures of everything from exacting angles to make it all look right.

-
Back