Vk valiant 142 weiand project

-
Good update.Yes Indy customer services, leaves a lot to be desired.

I havnt run it yet with the 2.66"dia top pulley so we dont know yet what the boost gauge will read or more importantly what MPH it will go on the 1/4. The head gaskets i used are just the Felpro blues coated with VHT copper gasket spray. Also I used the ARP head bolts that were to suit the iron RHS Indy X heads. I have considered maybe giving it a shot of nitrous just to cool the intake charge but decided against it as i couldnt put up with the crap having to explain myself to friends etc as to why a chrysler small block needs two power adders just to go 11s......lol
Im using high octane race gas just for piece off mind i think its 108 octane or there abouts. Thinking of fitting a moroso cool can to help cool things off, anybody used one?
Any comments on before and after results. Also just fitted a 1" phenolic open spacer under the carb to help the air get around the small blower inlet opening and maybe it will load the rotors better.

The cool can,can't hurt. Race gas,good idea. Start conservative on timing/tuning.Good luck.

Hi, I didn't see mentioned that you are using water/meth injection. This would be the next upgrade I would be doing.
12800rpm is getting to be about the max for a straight lobe blower, anymore rpm will be unlikely to produce more power because of the heat produced.
You used to be able to get a temp probe from jaycar part number xc0224 that had min max memory, I fitted one below my blower outlet to keep a check on the temps, but it doesn't look like jaycar sell them anymore.

you can also email me the pics and I will upload them for you. I wanna see this thing!!

-
Back