Voltage Reg / Ignition Box Question?

-

71Demon340

Banned
Reaction score
Where do the volt reg and ignition boxes mount? I think the volt reg goes on the firewall to the right of the master cylinder. The ignition box was already removed from my car when I got it.

On the 71?

On my '75 the Voltage regulator is on the Right inner fender, and the ignition box is on the left innner fender just forward of the master cylinder. Your's might be different though, since 71s didn't have the pollution junk that mine had.

Funny topic, I've seen them anywhere from firewall mounted to left or right fender, seems like people throw them under the hood and bolt them down where they land :lol:

On my 73 the regulator is right of the master cyl and the ign box is on the driver fender... have a look at the pic.. :)

DSCF0105 (Small).JPG

Funny topic, I've seen them anywhere from firewall mounted to left or right fender, seems like people throw them under the hood and bolt them down where they land :lol:

On my 73 the regulator is right of the master cyl and the ign box is on the driver fender... have a look at the pic.. :)
That's how my 73 duster is set up too. Pretty sure that's factory - at least for that year.

-
Back