Volts regulator and other problems

-

1966 dart wagon

Reaction score
i was reading this thread
http://www.4secondsflat.com/regulator_tech.html
and it said when switching to electronic ign you sould swap the volt reg. or else u will ruin your ecu box. When i got my cuda the ecu box had melted and was swaped to electronic(obviously). Well i have the wrong belt config. wrong alt(2 wire) ps leaks, and car hardly has spark from coil-dis. I swaped the ecu box, and i was looking around last night and noticed the coil wires were hooked up wrong, i confirmed the wires to the ballist resistor are hooked up correct, so thats a plus and the wires going from the ecu to dis were just twisted together, so i am going to soder them, anyways i had a volts reg. priced out at my local parts store $12.88 and i was wondering if this box would work with electronic igniton, the guys at the store didnt know. Im stuck in a pretty big pickle, got any suggestions. :wack:

wow why didnt i think of it, i have one of those that came with the car, it has the connecter and everything, does anyone know what the wiring should lead to for the plug?

ok i hooked up my volts reg, striped wires and connected them, it had spark its a mircle but then i would get no gas to carb, ran to gas station picked up $5 in gas 1.7 gal sad, poured some gas down the carb and she fired woooohooo :notworth: , then i checked to see if the line was pumping gas, yes it was, wth, then i told my dad maybe its this so he moved it up and down, then it got easy, i we figured it was stuck. It worked. It Fired up and ran :notworth: i was SO HAPPY :thumblef: anyways i couldnt keep it running for long, belt on waterpump wasnt hooked up, ps leaking right now i'll post that problem somewhere else :thumblef: (ha again another porblem )

-
Back