Vvt lock or not

-
I bought p/n 68277306AA for just under $75 for all 16.
So did you keep the shim under the spring ? When you buy a replacement spring for a 5.7 they come with the metal shim. The new 68277306aa doesn’t. So that’s why I’m a little confused. I agree with the above post about always running the shim on an aluminum head

So did you keep the shim under the spring ? When you buy a replacement spring for a 5.7 they come with the metal shim. The new 68277306aa doesn’t. So that’s why I’m a little confused. I agree with the above post about always running the shim on an aluminum head

I haven't installed mine yet. But the valve springs are the same as what comes in the P5160074 kit (for a bunch more) and the text there says no shims required. Works with the factory seats, retainers and locks.

P5160074 - Genuine Mopar Performance Valve Springs

Is there a seat under the spring to protect the aluminum head and that is being confused as a shim? I went and looked at my heads (2017 5.7 Ram) and there is definitely something between the head and the springs.

As DionR said, the Eagle heads have a .040 steal spring seat under the spring( but no shims under that). The spring seat must be reused between the aluminum head and valve spring with the new 68277306AA spring, plus the original retainers and locks.

As DionR said, the Eagle heads have a .040 steal spring seat under the spring( but no shims under that). The spring seat must be reused between the aluminum head and valve spring with the new 68277306AA spring, plus the original retainers and locks.
Thank you. That’s kinda what I was thinking but wanted to be sure !

I haven't installed mine yet. But the valve springs are the same as what comes in the P5160074 kit (for a bunch more) and the text there says no shims required. Works with the factory seats, retainers and locks.

P5160074 - Genuine Mopar Performance Valve Springs

Is there a seat under the spring to protect the aluminum head and that is being confused as a shim? I went and looked at my heads (2017 5.7 Ram) and there is definitely something between the head and the springs.
Thank you for the help

-
Back