W2 408 Sound bite

-
So far so good . I have only driven the car as far as the street and back ..(30ft) lol
I have it wired for max rpm , launch and burnout limiters.
I have not programmed the curve yet and am using the distributor curve .
A couple of things I learned is
1. You need to set the box to 0 cylinder setting if you are using the dist mechanical advance .
2. The box does not advance timing it only retards it . So you time the engine to max advance and a given rpm . Not initial...
Ex... If I wanted 18* initial + 14* adv to come out with 32* total. I have to time the engine at 3500 rpm to 32* and the box pulls 14* out of it at idle . And you would create a curve in between ...

The CD-1s are most commonly used in marine , Porsche's and race applications. Much like Norris rockers its not known as well by general public .

So far so good . I have only driven the car as far as the street and back ..(30ft) lol
I have it wired for max rpm , launch and burnout limiters.
I have not programmed the curve yet and am using the distributor curve .
A couple of things I learned is
1. You need to set the box to 0 cylinder setting if you are using the dist mechanical advance .
2. The box does not advance timing it only retards it . So you time the engine to max advance and a given rpm . Not initial...
Ex... If I wanted 18* initial + 14* adv to come out with 32* total. I have to time the engine at 3500 rpm to 32* and the box pulls 14* out of it at idle . And you would create a curve in between ...

The CD-1s are most commonly used in marine , Porsche's and race applications. Much like Norris rockers its not known as well by general public .

Good to hear. Main reason i bought it was the 3d timing map and the datalogging. hope to have it running this summer

-
Back