Status
Not open for further replies.

C2ndLTpigeon

Mopar or no Car!
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Contact seller
I have for trade a Mopar M1 intake manifold that I originally traded an air gap intake manifold to run on my 340 as I wanted to use a thermal quad. After doing some research it looks to be that while the intakes share the same casting number which on the intake is not the part number. There are two types, one for LA cylinder heads and one for W5 heads. It looks like I have the one that is for the W5 heads which also seems to be a little bit on the rare side. Anyway I am looking for a good performance intake manifold that is in a spread bore so that I can run a thermal quad. I am not looking to trade for any Edelbrock Performer intake manifolds as those are small ports. Would like to trade something equivalent before I list it for sale and then have to Source something out. If you have something please let me know.
20230426_142957.jpg

20230426_143002.jpg

20230426_143012.jpg

Didn’t the W series have oval ports? Thanks. Kim
I'm not familiar with W heads, but from pictures it looks like W2s had oval ports and W5s had this style intake ports but a rounded exhaust port.
I read a discussions about the M1 intakes sharing the same casting numbers but for 2 different types of heads. This is how I discovered this is the rarer W5 M1 intake.

It's the same casting number because the difference is in the machining. The intake you have could be drilled to work with standard heads, using the four corner bolt holes as your hard points (those are the same on all LA heads). Checking with a standard intake gasket should verify this, especially the port alignment with the gasket. Before you do anything else, set the intake on your engine and make sure those four corner bolt holes do, in fact, align with those on your heads.
If all's well, have it professionally redrilled and use it--rare or not, you already have it. If it doesn't check out, I don't suggest trying to make it work.

Didn’t the W series have oval ports? Thanks. Kim
W2 = Oval intake ports.
W5 = rectangle ports.

Both have a wider intake bolt spacing except on the ends. It is fairly typical to modify ether a standard or W series intake to fit the cylinder head at hand. On many aftermarket heads, (IDK about stock heads) it is possible to modify the cylinder head to accept a W intake. Which would really be the way to go for a wider unobstructed port window, should you want to port the cylinder head that large.

Brodix and Indy already have heads that can use the W series intakes, the other manufacturers can be modified to accept the W series intakes.

I’d stick with the rectangle port for ease of modification.

Being it’s the same casting as the standard port LA, click below and read up on what Pittsburghracer flow tested my LA-M1, stock and ported below.

GLWS - I hope this helps in understanding the intake and it’s selling.

Some M1 porting pictures and flow numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back