Wagon parts possibly needed? Checking before I buy the car.

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have looked at and am thinking about picking up a 65 Valiant wagon. Before I buy it I am looking to see whats out there for parts . It needs;
back seat
headliner bows and headliner
heater box
All of these parts are missing. Thanks in advance.

I have looked at and am thinking about picking up a 65 Valiant wagon. Before I buy it I am looking to see whats out there for parts . It needs;
back seat
headliner bows and headliner
heater box
All of these parts are missing. Thanks in advance.

Back seat - is of course unique to the 63-66 wagon. I am using a 64/66 Barracuda complete rear seat assembly in my wagon. Yes, it fits very well with very minor work. PM me for more info if interested.

Headliner bows - will need to be sourced from a parts wagon. Any decent upholstery shop should be able to make a headliner. I have saved on my eBay a place that sells the correct material/color headliner for the early A wagon for something like $170.

Heater Box - an ordinary early A is the same- can't remember if the 67-up is the same or not.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Interchange on that heater box is '65-'66 Valiant/Dart/Barracuda. '64 is similar and will bolt up but you'll run into control issues. '63 and '67-'72 also similar but with different mount points and dimensions.

I have a heater box. Let me know if you do buy it. 65 Valiant but should work

Thanks for the info and help. An old school hot rodder somewhere stuffed a 400bb in this thing using and motor plate and stock manifolds. The trans tunnel and firewall has been modified and the heater box deleted. It's a cool car but not done the way that I would have preferred it be done if you know what I mean. Weighing he pros and cons before the purchase.

-
Back