Wagon quarters

-

opus65

Reaction score
Taking all advice on best solutions to repair lower quarters on 63 Dart Wagon. Are there any patch panels available for wagon? Modify sedan patches? Boneyard hunt?
Thanks

I never found anything new/repro when I did mine, I had to make my own. Otherwise, used from a southern boneyard may be your only option... Good luck in your search!

I used part of Layson’s 65 Plymouth Valiant or Barracuda quarter panel repair panel on my 65 Dart wagon This repair panel is not as long as the original panel but with some fudging here and there, got it to work. It’s in on the passenger side waiting a skim of filler theN on to the driver’s side

No pictures yet but driver’s side is in using Layson’s 65 Valiant/Barracuda quarter panel repair panel. As with the passenger side, a bit of fudging in a couple of places to make it fit properly. I’m satisfied!

Last edited:
No pictures yet but driver’s side is in using Layson’s 65 Valiant/Barracuda quarter panel repair panel. As with the passenger side, a bit of fudging in a couple of places to make it git properly. I’m satisfied!
Look forward to your pics and maybe a little explanation of the "fudge".

Look forward to your pics and maybe a little explanation of the "fudge".

i had pinholes from basically the wheelwell lip all the way to the back just under the bumper. The Larson's hardtop repair panel is a bit shorter by maybe 2 inches compared to the wagon’s quarter. As i’m still recovering from a nasty gall bladder operation, I called in a bodyman friend to do the repair. By the judicious use of a hammer and dolly on the rear of the patch panel, he was able to gain the length needed to completely repair the area. Then more hammer/dolly work to smooth it all out. With A skim of filler and primer, she’s virtually ready for paint. Five hours from start to finish and he was done compared to the 8 hours i took on the other side and still not done. He’s coming back tomorrow to finish up whatever i did wrong on the passenger side!
60F10288-848F-4DA1-9BB6-012781A71F65.jpeg
7F5FA888-A6AE-4FBB-AC05-F307C987AE7E.jpeg

-
Back