wagon tail light assemblies

-

SD65WAGON

Justin
Reaction score
Are the 1965 Valiant tail light assemblies the scarcest part out there on a regular production year vehicle or do I just not know where to look.....and I know there is ONE on e-bay right now but the previous owner of my car butchered both so I need two that wouldnt cost and arm and a leg ......

Alright,
So There Seems To Be Some Interest On This Topic Because Of The Number Of Views.....but No Responses. Is Everyone Who Is Looking At The Post Looking For 65 Wagon Tail Light Assemblies Also Or Just Crreping Aroung The Forum? I Am Really Interested To Know If Those Are Really As Hard To Find For Everone Or If I Just Dont Know Where To Look.

I sold a set of those, nice ones, on ebay last year. I had them on here and had no interest. I think I only got $35 for the complete set. I know that don't help you but I think I only had 1 bid.

Can I get some pic's of your butchered up ones?I'll need to look at them to see what I can do to fix them up,I'm building a pro streeter and don't really care about them being perfect but They need to be something I can fix up to my tastes,The set that came with my car are unbutchered.I'll try to get some pics later for you and some pics of the ones on my waggin so you can see how I did my lenses,they look good and were low buck or I have one nos lense and one used lense,the backup light lenses I used from a 65 valiant and cut down the thickness of them on a sander and drilled the holes to mount them,one of them was busted so I did a lil' bondo work and some painting to doll it up.I'll get some pics for you later
Are the 1965 Valiant tail light assemblies the scarcest part out there on a regular production year vehicle or do I just not know where to look.....and I know there is ONE on e-bay right now but the previous owner of my car butchered both so I need two that wouldnt cost and arm and a leg ......

Ok found mine ,they are junk.so no help to ya there.but here are pic's of the ones on "waggin"I made the kinda square ones from lenses at car quest...about 14$ for them and the pattern on the inside matched up with the factory piece,centered with the bulb.and the round ones are from a 65 valiant(not a wagon)The pair I had one of them was busted up so I repaired it with bondo and painted the repaired area with red paint,then used a da sander to make them thinner and drilled the holes to mount them using what was left of a stock wagon taillight.hope this is all helpful,I guess the junk ones I have are gonn ahave some major reconstructive surgery,I'm not afraid of hammers and dollies and filler and paint!:cheers: Looks good to me !

1.JPG

2.JPG

I think I just missed those............That was August time frame if I remember correctly...Military duties called and I was out when the bidding ended.contacted the winning bidder when I got back in October....No joy.I was kicking my own *** for that blunder, should have just contacted you direct and given a C-note. Thanks for the reply though.

Kewl lookin lil' wagon! you can see how my backup lenses are that with out the red I painted on there they look very close to originals,but are way easier to find as the waggins are few and far between

small striped waggin.JPG

twins.JPG

wheelie bars.JPG

Here's a picture of a set of taillight bezels I acquired from OZ. It seems some of their early 65 Safari's (wagons) used the US/Canadian wagon taillights (rare over there as well) with later model Safari/Utes using these taillights. They're similar to the 66 Valiant/Barracuda style. I might use these on my 65 wagon to be different. I'd have to buy the brake and B/U lens, which are available through PP&R. Thought I'd share.

Judy & dogs 001.jpg

-
Back