Waiter, There is No Worm in My Mezcal

-

dibbons

Reaction score
The worm is also used in cooking or even eaten alive, a delicacy to some. Anyone sampled the little critters? I'll be looking for a bottle this week. But I might have to wait until I am really thirsty to drink the last eight ounces.

Why Is There A Worm In Tequila - Mezcal and Tequila Worm Effects

worm.jpg

I have a miniature bottle of Mezcal with a worm out in my garage. Had it since 1994 when an applicant for the Air Force gave it to me when I was an Air Force recruiter.

I ate a worm a looong time ago but I was already inebriated and don't remember what it tasted like. Don't think I really tasted anything, lol.

1975 El Paso TX it was like chewing on 1/2 soggy spaghetti. You know where the outside is gooey but the inside is still crunchy.

Long long ago, my buddies and me used to drink Mezcal like it was water, used to almost get in fights over who got to eat the worm. The 70's, what a time to be an Idiot!

Jeff

mmc9oGGpEEUkz9u3sLxW7qA.jpg

I had a fist full of these in my Yoda 4x4 one morning. I went to a Monte Alban Mezcal party after work with co-workers. A shot/miniature and a beer was 2 bucks, hard to pass up. I made it to work the next day, they didn't :lol: Every shot got you a button :realcrazy:

When my buddy from high school came back from the marines, and Japan, brought a bottle of Japanese Saki (sp?) it had a rattle snake in it.

-
Back