Waiting on vendor.

-

cudamike13

cudamike13
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Back in early feb of this year, I called and ordered a 904 transmission from a well known company.
They told me it would take abt 3 to 4 weeks.
I said that was ok.
After a month I called and they said they were having problems getting COREs.
OK, I will wait a while longer.
Another month passed, still same answer.
Last friday I called Jeg's and they had it in stock.
I ordered it friday evening and I got an e-mail from them today telling me it will be delivered tomorrow.
What a difference.

Also, NO CORE charge with Jeg's.

I'm happy now.

After reading the first half of your post, I was gonna Volunteer a Core! After getting jacked around last year and the year before a little bit I'm just not going to buy a damn thing unless it's in stock I kept getting dates pushed back by a month at a time

Mike , you getting that Cuda put together yet ?
Yes! Now that I will have the transmission, I can attach it to motor and install. Then work out bugs and take it somewhere.
Brakes are all done, 4 wheel discs, new wiring harness, lots of stuff makes it look almost new. How abt you Al?

As well as can be. Since I got over that condition (GCA), it's almost like I got a new start!
Thanks for asking!

After reading the first half of your post, I was gonna Volunteer a Core! After getting jacked around last year and the year before a little bit I'm just not going to buy a damn thing unless it's in stock I kept getting dates pushed back by a month at a time

I hear ya IronRacer!

I'm thinking whats going on is that suppliers are taking advantage of the " not in stock because of Covid" excuse not to carry items in stock. Way less cost of carrying inventory if you take deposits on orders and just drop ship from the supplier/manufacturer or just ship when it arrives. Of course the customer will never see the savings , just more profit for the suppliers now that they know people are willing to wait for their items and put money down to do so.

I hear ya IronRacer!

I'm thinking whats going on is that suppliers are taking advantage of the " not in stock because of Covid" excuse not to carry items in stock. Way less cost of carrying inventory if you take deposits on orders and just drop ship from the supplier/manufacturer or just ship when it arrives. Of course the customer will never see the savings , just more profit for the suppliers now that they know people are willing to wait for their items and put money down to do so.
I totally Agree!

Like someone once said: It didn't happen without pictures.

IMG_0127.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG
IMG_0125.JPG
IMG_0124.JPG

Pretty soon I will have this on the road.
It's been a long time coming.

-
Back