Wall of shame auto work.

-
Aaaaaaah just look at my redoing a restored car thread to see a fraction of the wonderful work performed by Peter Wille on my barracuda , wish I had pictures of the day we ran string to check the wheel positions , I had to. add a 1/2 inch steel block in front of the front spring hanger get my rear end offset down to the proper 1/2 inch,even then the strings clearly showed both rear wheels toed in thanks to the wonderful rear end he built and rewelded to "make it right" .thieving POS .

IMG_0595.JPG

When I was a starving teenager, I hit a curb on an icy road and blew out the lower ball joint on my 1969 Belvedere taxi cab daily driver. I couldn't afford a tow, so I jacked it up and used a 2X4 to help reset the ball in the socket. Then I drove it for a week thinking I really fixed it. Until one night when rounding a corner, it popped out again. This was right next to an Exxon station and the guy who worked there bet me $10 that I couldn't fix it and drive away, as it was visible that the tire was folded up under the car. I pulled the same jack and 2X4 trick and then drove it up to collect my $10 (he paid). Then I stopped driving it until I could afford to buy a new ball joint and learn how to install it. Necessity is the mother of invention!

Aaaaaaah just look at my redoing a restored car thread to see a fraction of the wonderful work performed by Peter Wille on my barracuda , wish I had pictures of the day we ran string to check the wheel positions , I had to. add a 1/2 inch steel block in front of the front spring hanger get my rear end offset down to the proper 1/2 inch,even then the strings clearly showed both rear wheels toed in thanks to the wonderful rear end he built and rewelded to "make it right" .thieving POS .
read through some of that, what a shame.

I worked in a body shop for a long time that was a re-inspect facility for an insurance co. Most of the jobs I would get would be the ones from other shops. The Problem children or suspension/driveability issues. Customer complaints etc. Cars with panels welded on crooked structures, cradles with slotted control arm holes, slotted strut tower mounts. Frame rails welded in the wrong place. rails sectioned an inch short. Control arm holes drilled an inch outboard the original hole. Sheet metal screws holding a strut tower on. Doors with loose skins where the edges been ground so they fit in the hole. Paint paddles used as shim stock etc. Some pretty dangerous stuff. Some totaled some fixed. On and on....

Last edited:
This isn't as drastic as some of these.
The person who had my car before my brother had it drilled a hole in the glove box door for a toggle switch. It was so the blower motor could be switched on and off. They removed the a/c and the wire to the a/c compressor wasn't taped up and shorted it out I guess and the heater control unit got fried.
Apparently they didn't want to take the time to replace the unit.
IMG_0279_LI (640x480).jpg

-
Back