Want flat hood for 67 Notch!!!

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me with difinitive authority what flat hood will interchange with the bumped hood on the 67 barracuda's? I don't want to reinstall my stock hood and I am looking for alternatives, close guesses won't do as cash will be changing hands and well------------------you know------------
TIa, RAt

... it has a little peak at the center front that will look silly (the 67 nose piece doesn't have the matching peak -- it's straight across, as you know). If it was fiberglass you could just grind it off, though. Here's a photo of a 69 Barracuda to see what I mean.

http://www.markheim.net/spring05/pages/PICT0022.html

By the way, this is also interchangeable with a 73-76 Dart hood, but you might have to adjust the hinge bolt holes.

Oh, I just looked at the photo of the AAR hood -- yes, a 69 Barracuda hood is exactly what that is. They are correct in that it fits a 67-68, they just don't mention that it will look silly at the center front unless you can get rid of that peak, or swap in a 69 nose piece (with the much rarer and more expensive 69 grilles, I might add).

Can anyone tell me with difinitive authority what flat hood will interchange with the bumped hood on the 67 barracuda's? I don't want to reinstall my stock hood and I am looking for alternatives, close guesses won't do as cash will be changing hands and well------------------you know------------
TIa, RAt

for a 67 interchange is 67 and 68 hoods only. fastback, notch and conv. are the same.

You could use a 69 hood if you also use the 69 header panel and and grills.

-
Back