want to get rid of radiator cooling. trans cooler?

-

eviper21

Reaction score
I think it'd be nice to get rid of those hard lines and trans cooling through the radiator. So, how big of a trans cooler will I need to keep the trans cool (but not too cool obviously) and a good place to mount it??

Thanks

why not?

im swapping in a v8 for the /6 and the hard lines get in the way (not of installing the motor, just a nuisance.) And its so much easier to work with the radiator and cooling when you dont have to deal with dripping tranny fluid all over the place. Plus an external cooler will probably be much more efficient than an old radiator. To many pros out weigh the cons here

i "think" you'll still have hard lines running by the radiator as you'll have to mount the cooler in front of the radiator. I agree, they're probably more efficient and i'm curious as to what's involved as i'm working on the same motor swap you are.....

When I got my Dart the aftermarket cooler lines were run under the core support.

Bad idea.

Bump a curb, and it's leak city if you're lucky. If you're not lucky, they get crimped shut.

Don't ask how I know.

i went with the biggest i could get..mounted in the front of the radiator..also when i made the change i used rubber hose easy to route anyway you want out the way..never a problem for my with a 5000 verta and drove on the street..(dynamic verta ):lurk:

^^^ looks amazing bro, thats exactly what im trying to do with mine. running braided or rubber lines off the tranny so i dont have to deal with the hard lines and can mount it wherever i want pretty much.

-
Back