Want to know: Air Grabbers

-

jos51700

Green Bearing thread connoisseur
Reaction score
I'm looking for some sort of book, technical compilation, or other comprehensive place that details the Chrysler fresh air induction systems of the late-60's and early '70's. I'm curious what parts were in them, and how to ID them.

Not JUST the hood scoops, but the systems that had doors that would open and close to make sure rain water didn't get in, and stuff like that.

I have some fresh air parts but know nothing of what they are, what they're off of, etc., and am spit-balling interest in adding such a system to my Valiant.

I've seen where PG products makes the recessed plate to add a '70 Road Runner style pop up scoop, but I'm not even sure how you're supposed to weld it in per their instructions when it's zinc plated?
Kind of looking at '68 Road Runner setups, too, but maybe pulling air through the hood support structure or leading edge of the hood compared to something obtrusively mounted on the hood top surface.

I also want it to be discreet, not just tacked on.

Not this:
1706561354415.png

Or this:
1706561427130.png

More this, but with a different way to get air to motor (and I have the two outer parts already):
1706561627044.png

Steve Strope of Pure Vision did a Scamp with the 70 style Air Grabber hood. He is an absolute master of taking "this" and making it look like it belongs on "that".

-
Back