-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1Dart2NV

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
"I'm in the market for factory 1968-70 340 exhaust manifolds for an A-body. I know they a pricey,but I'm willing to pay the big $$$. They must be in super nice to mint in condition. Email me direct with detailed pictures of what you have. [email protected] Thanks

You can buy them new now. I saw them advertized in Mopar Collectors Guide

They are also being repopped,They were in mopar collectors guide also,They dont have casting #s but great for rsto. I can find manufacture if you want just have to go through a few back issues. Also the 340 drivers side exhaust gasket is available through mancini racing for $179.00.

Thanks guys - I also saw them in the Collectors Guide.Has anyone used them yet? I bought a pair of Ram-Horn repops for a Max Wedge clone I built two years ago & the fit was chit - they wouldn't even bolt up correctly to the head.Plus it was such a hassle get my money back.

I bought a pair of the repros that Accurate reproduced, and they are really nice. They had casting numbers on them, but they got threatened by Chrysler, so they ground some of the digits off. They are a nice quality casting, but Tom doesn't screw around with garbage. If Accurate sells it, it's good stuff. Everyone that has looked at my engine has commented on the manifolds.

http://www.accurateltd.com/340-Exhaust-Manifolds-Pair_p_9-162.html#

They don't have the provision for the flapper, so if you're after that, keep looking for a used pair.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked them out on the Accurate site & they do really look good.For $650 plus shipping I think I'm going to keep looking for a pair of originals.Even if I can save $100-200 that'll pay for the repo gaskets at $179.00

3 sets on ebay last night, $425 "buy it now" for two of them plus shipping.

Pleading ignorance here....

But whats the difference between 68-70 and 71-73??? Are the ports smaller or something? Also, why are gaskets so $$$$

I just paid 30$ for a set of manifolds off a 73 340 duster...I'm going to put the on a 360 in a '67 barracuda.

Thanks Jim

68-70 are hi flow,

eBayISAPI.dll

71, had the good driver side manifold but went to a center dump on the pass side.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopa...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Heres the expensive gasket

340HeatShield-1.JPG

Yes, they are they 68-70 higher flow copies. They are cast much better than any of the originals I've owned, which is about 10 sets. I had three sets in a row of supposedly good ones I bought online actually end up being cracked and got tired of screwing around and bought the new ones from Tom. When he first released them he had a special for Moparts members, so I didn't pay that much for them.

So many of the original ones are cracked, it's amazing. I'm sure a lot of them are from car wash visits. A lot of the time you can't tell that they're cracked until you bead blast them.

check Craigs list in portland Or under MOPAR parts there is a pair... if you want someone to look at them I would do for you..as I am sure you would do the same for me..
NW_CUDA

Many thanks to all the replied to my listing.Special thanks to allaboutabodies who had a very nice pair of 1969-340 exhaust manifolds he's been sitting on for 30 years & his very reasonable price.Signed 1Dart2NV

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back