Status
Not open for further replies.

TX9 4-spd Demon

Hustlestuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Im looking for a original paper air filter element for a 71 Mr Norms GSS Demon 340 six pack TRI-POWER air cleaner. I cant seem to find one on any of the well known aftermarket sources like K&N, Edelbrock and others so im looking here. Any help would be great i dont have a part # but maybe someone knows of a source, thanks for the free post this is a great site.

Attachments

• !CDWvY4gCWk~$(KGrHqEOKisE0oFnFdNcBNOP0pe1Kg~~_12.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 615
I have an old paper element and a K&N filter and neither have the part # on them. Sorry I can't help.

i used a baldwin part # pa 632 i did have to cut it down to fit i got it from micmaster carr

Attachments

• P1010878.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 702
Ok guys I found a filter that fits this air breather. I got a K&N E-2866 filter and it is a hair large but works in great. The only thing different from the old filter is the K&N is 2.5 inches tall.

Attachments

• DSCN0126.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 387
  • DSCN0127.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 405
Hey kzcountry I did a search on that part number for the K&N and it says it's a round air filter. Is that the correct number or just a typo?

I am not sure about the height. I was talking to a guy at K&N and he said I could tell them the filter number and the height I need and they would make it for me.

I did a cross reference for the K&N and found a Fram CA6870 which says it is oval. I went to AutoZone to see if they had one but no luck. The guy there crossed referenced the Fram and came up with the K&N number you listed and a STP number. I had them order one in and will check out.

Ok,if my route doesn't pan out,I do what you did and get the K&N and make it fit.
I know this info will be helpful to the others who are in the same boat as I am.

John

The K&N number is good for the 2.5" height. The advantage of the K&N is that it is flexible. it will conform to an oval shape. Several years ago, I contacted them with the part number and asked if they had the same diameter in a different height. They replied no, but I could order any size and height I'd like. So I ordered 1.25" tall and when it came in, I lost .25" on the top and on the bottom of filter media to rubber. Less than .75" for air flow. That clears my hood, but nothing to run all the time. It seems to me even the Mr.Norms cars had a hood brace cut or modified to clear the air filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back