Status
Not open for further replies.

grimreaper

Cross Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for five 7/16" left hand lug studs to fit the Kelsey Hayes front hub and rotor for a 65 Barracuda.
Several years ago I took the car to a tire shop for new wheels and tires and the rocket scientist with the air gun twisted off all of the originals. So they replaced them with RH studs without telling me. I didn't notice it until several weeks later when I decided to drive the car and went to check the wheel torque. I took it back to the shop and, of course, they denied everything. They did happen to have five LH chrome Mopar nuts with broken studs that they were kind enough (or stupid enough) to give me. I've left it until now but have decided it needs to be corrected.
So if you have some Dorman 610-131 7/16 LH studs or some decent used ones let me know what you want for them.

Thanks!

Sounds like you have a good part number for the studs. Have you tried calling a couple of local parts suppliers maybe they have some left in the bin if they are not produced any longer. End of stud will have H131 stamped on it. I've got some but not for sale. 273-typo Just checked my receipt Part number should be 610-130

I have checked with everyone local. Do you have any recommendations for someone who might have some left? 610-130 is right hand and 610-131 is left hand according to a Dorman catalog at my local NAPA. I also bought a couple of spare RH ones from them under the 610-130 number but they can no longer get the LH studs.

Well I checked my old parts stash and found I do have more than I thought, The part number on my receipt was indeed 610-130 but I checked and they are left hand someone messed up. Anyway I have 5 610-131 left hand thread (checked with bolt) $3.50 each plus the freight. If you want me to double check the size of the knerl and length let me know. Parts are new.

I am definitely interested. I would like it if you would confirm the size and let me know. The dimensions from the Dorman catalog are:

OAL 2"
Knurl .565
Shoulder 1-1/16

Thank you!

I'm confused....Old school I don't have digital calpiers just old ones. Anyway I measured with the old ones last night and they came to just over 9/16 call it 10/32? So I go to the parts store and they measure .497 digital?? Don't want to sell you something you may not be able to use we've all gotten our share of that. Your call. Priority shipping $5.20. I also have 7/16 chrome acorn lug nuts (new) left and right 1 1/2 long for $20 if you need them. Had to buy 2 3/8 long NOS $$$$ for my application. Measurements are at the knurl and 19/32 instead of 10/32 Dummy

Do you think it's possible they stuck the digital calipers inside the grooves of the knurls instead of on the outside of the shoulders? That might account for the discrepancy.

'64 Cuda I watched as the guy did it and I wish that was the case he did it properly only thing was he measured metric first then went to Sae. Dunno.

Update: Well for my own sanity and creditabilty I took a ride to see my master mechanic and car guy friend with two studs in hand. He comes out with a nice micrometer in a fitted box and measures the knurls. One was .561 other .563 well within Dorman pasted specs of .565. He doesn't like digital mic's..

By the way....your old school 9/16 equals .5625 so you say it measured a hair over.....Must have been a good old school:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back