WANTED 70-76 Duster/Scamp/Valiant fenders.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have some for a 76 swinger - could ship but i m in boston mass. and fedex just busted a package i sent to a member here so i would def recommend insurance. i do not know if they work on any other years but if they would work for you i can take pics.
- jason

73 and up are different than the earlier ones. Do you need them for your 75?

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think the only difference on 73-76 Duster fenders is the lower section where they contour to the bumper. I don't think this difference will make it to hard to use the earlier bumper.

All Duster fender are essentially the same just the marker light hole changed

Thanks for clarifying that Dusted72. I am glad I was wrong about the lower section being different.

OK, so does anyone have a set of 70-76 Duster/Scamp/Valiant fenders for 75-Swinger?

Here is what I am doing. I have a '75 Swinger and I don't like the pointed front end. I bought a '72 Valiant hood, grille, valance, bumper. I thought the Swinger's one piece fenders would let me keep them. I was wrong! We set the hood on the car and the hood is about 1-1/2" shorter than the fenders. So, I have considered cutting the fenders back, but before I go ahead and trash a set of fenders I thought it would be better to see if I can find a pair of Valiant/Duster fenders and do it "right". That is why I am looking for a pair of Valiant/Duster fenders.

For what it's worth, if anyone is looking for all of the above from a '75 Swinger (if I can make the Valiant swap work) I have good Swinger parts to sell! LOL

Yikes! My mistake. I always assumed that since the hood and bumper were different, that the fenders were too. I looked at some images on the web and the fenders sure do look the same. Good to know.

Don't cut your fenders up yet give it a little time and someone here will come up with a set of fenders that will work. I have a set of 74 Valiant fenders on my 72 Duster so yes they do in fact work.

man i have to quit worrying about work and spend more time on here :)
i keep getting into things too late.
i have a 74 scamp i need to get rid of.

'76 pass/side fender has a different antenne hole than all others (if you care).

You'll need different rear (plastic) splash shields too. Dodge and Plymouth are not the same.

There's a thread around here too about the difference between '72 Plymouth fenders vs 73-76 Plymouth fenders. Something about bolt hole spacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back