Status
Not open for further replies.

tufftoy1

71 Duster 340
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 71 Duster with drum brakes and small bolt circle on the front.I want to put disc brakes on the front with the 4.50 B/C..Anybody got any 73 & up A body disc brake stuff that is descent? Don't feel like shelling out the big $$ for the A/M stuff when I know it can be done less expensive.

Also on the rear axles I have a small B/C but want the 4.50 B/C and the flange isn't large enough to drill to 4.5 !!! Have I got to buy A/M axles for this swap? Would like disc brakes on the rear too...

Any advice/help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Leonard

Somebody on here should be able to hook you up with the '73 and up A body big bolt disc brake parts you need,contact Dr. Diff for the big bolt axles.

There is enough to change those axles over. You have to use screw in studs. machine the head down and leave just enough to tighten them.This allows clearance for the parking brake arms. Then tack weld them with a tig weld so they do not thread out when you are installing the wheel. make sure this is done at a machine shop on a mill to keep the studs square with the axle flange. I do alot of these and have no problem with strength. One set is used on a 12 second car. I also have front disc cleaned painted and ready to install. Spindles , Caliper brakets, upper A-arms and all hardware. Everything else is available at any auto store so its not worth buying used rotors and Calipers. They are A-body 73-76. Not F,M,or J. I also have proportioning valves. $300 shipped everything mentioned clean ready to install no bushings or ball joints in Arms. No calipers or rotors. If installing on the front of the spindles use 73-76 A-body hoses. On the rear of the spindle to clear early stabilizer. Use F-body hoses.The nice thing about using factory parts you can get brakes or parts at any parts store. One set left let me know. I also Redrill and stud axles and drums. PM me if interested. With moser or aftermarket axles you will need backing plates , drums, and brakes for a Big bolt car. You will also gain 1/2 inch per side on the width of the rear or 1 inch flange to flange.

I could get them re-drilled locally,but there isn't enough flange to put a 4.5 circle on...I have 4" now
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back