Status
Not open for further replies.

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a 904/A999 non-lockup transmission.

Specifically concerned with these particular PK #s:

'74-'75 3681844
'76-'77 4028465
'78 4028878

These were generally found behind 360 powered pass cars.

Let me know what you have. Price, condition of unit, pictures, location, shipping etc are helpful.

- Greg

I have a A999 77' model year trans non lock up.It is out of a 360 powered chrysler 300 Unfortuately on the wrong coast. Like to get $100.00 + the ride. It has new gasket and filter. Can get you pics Monday if serious about this one. Wish I were closer. You can have the converter too.

Ian

I have a 904 trans,from a 72 dodge,dart,,smallblock. it shifted good when I pulled it.$125 with the converter.

Thanks but looking for the specific trans./numbers posted above - an A999 without lockup.

I have a standard 904 already.

forgive my ignorance , but what are the advantages of the particular trans your looking for?

forgive my ignorance , but what are the advantages of the particular trans your looking for?

It is a heavy duty version of the 904 - 5 disc front clutch and 4 disc rear as opposed to the 3 disc drum for a standard 904. Stick a low gear set in it from a later unit and you get a bullet proof trans capable of handling a lot of abuse. Some say its worth a tenth over a 727 in a drag race application. Less rotating mass or some such thing.

Its also difficult to try and build one from a regular 904 because the heavy duty parts do not interchange. Best place to start is with an original unit but they are hard to find. Basically only came beind 360 powered pass cars from 74-77 before they went to a lock up style. (Lockup not being desirable for my application).

rmchrgr,
The old Mail/Postal vans (AM General FJ8C) 1980s thru years? models had the A999 transmission without lock-up installed on them.
I know that finding an A999 is hard to do but I see the FJ8C postal vans for sell all the time either in working condition or people selling them for parts.
Just wanted to give you some kind of lead in locating one, transmission that is.

Looking for a 904/A999 non-lockup transmission.

Specifically concerned with these particular PK #s:

'74-'75 3681844
'76-'77 4028465
'78 4028878

These were generally found behind 360 powered pass cars.

Let me know what you have. Price, condition of unit, pictures, location, shipping etc are helpful.

- Greg

Hey, I want one of these as well! :)

Picked up a unit from James today. Good to meet you man.

Hopefully this is the real deal and it has all the correct parts. Wont know until I open it up but all the numbers check out.

i hope so too. be glad you didnt have to head down the turnpike to my house. it was a mess. i had to find a backway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back