Wanted BBP axles for A Body 8 3/4

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
That guy has a bunch of stuff. He's in CO also. Do you know or have you dealt with him? (other than the axles?)

I've been up to his place a couple times. Good guy, older gentleman, been working on Mopars probably 40 years by now. I'm sure he has already forgotten more than I'll ever know.

I also got the 3.73s in the Duster now and some parts I'm currently using to build another rear, yoke, pinion spacer, etc.

I assume another option is to drill the stock axles to the 4.5 bolt pattern. Has anyone done this to a small bolt pattern axle and know what would the cost would be?

People used to do this regularly. Don't know what it costs, but you want a machine shop to tap those stud holes, or you would be wrecking a few taps before you're through.
Mike

i am also running the yukon axles in my duster w/green bearings.they are the way to go.definately the best bang for the buck.

A guy was just asking about big bolt pattern axles, so I'll try to keep this thread alive. At least until he can see it.

I also got a set of the Yukon axles from Mr. Wolfe in CO. In addition, I had him intall the lug nut studs and green bearings prior to shipping. VERY GOOD to deal with; prompt shipment, no problems WHATSOEVER, and all at VERY reasonable prices. He's definitely a good option to consider! I'd call him again in a heartbeat if I required another set.

Ray

I assume another option is to drill the stock axles to the 4.5 bolt pattern. Has anyone done this to a small bolt pattern axle and know what would the cost would be?

People say don’t.
The larger stud leaves less metal at the edge.
Plus you will be stuck with the small brake shoes.
Is the register on the axles different? I can't remember if that was problem too.
Some one like me that wants tapered bearings are stuck with 300 Moser axles from what I’ve seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back