Wanted flywheel for cast crank 340

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe all the '72-'73 340 four speed cars had forged cranks in them. Not sure if one was ever made. The ballance factor is in the mopar engines book so a good machine shop could probably convert an internal ballance flywheel to the specs you need for your 340.

I believe all the '72-'73 340 four speed cars had forged cranks in them. Not sure if one was ever made. The ballance factor is in the mopar engines book so a good machine shop could probably convert an internal ballance flywheel to the specs you need for your 340.
forged steel was used until 72 sometime in 72 they started using cast cranks , now i have taken the pan off and have confirmed that it is a cast crank, i can get the right flywheel for it from napa but it will take 3-4 weeks to get one in so i was hoping i can find one that i can get quicker

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo78/shelbydoggs/Flywheel-mods/fly-340-cast.jpg
fly-340-cast.jpg

has anyone tried this ? i think im gonna give this a try , drill the hole and if it works then great and if not well i still have the vibration

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back