WANTED: Front bumper 74 Dart Swinger

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyway to take off your bumpers, remove the bumpereettes, have them filled/welded, smoothed and rechromed... is that too much expense, or are yours too far gone? Not super familiar with the 74 bumpers. The front one in your avatar looks decent from what i can tell.

Also, did you pic that car up on CL a while back, or have you had it for quite some time. I thought it was on CL for like 1500 bucks or something. If that is the one, good find!

Is there anyway to take off your bumpers, remove the bumpereettes, have them filled/welded, smoothed and rechromed... is that too much expense, or are yours too far gone? Not super familiar with the 74 bumpers. The front one in your avatar looks decent from what i can tell.

Also, did you pic that car up on CL a while back, or have you had it for quite some time. I thought it was on CL for like 1500 bucks or something. If that is the one, good find!
Pretty sure it's the same one that was on CL. I got it for 1200.00 but the motor and trans were in bad shape. Already took off the bumper guards and using bolts to fill the holes. Since this is getting a re-paint I need super nice bumpers for it. Do you know someone that re-chromes at a good price?

I might have a bumper...Ill have to look it over and take some pics if it is in the tip top condition. Ill check it out for you later tonight or tomorrow morning.

I went and took some pictures. I can email them to you? I think a little rubbing compound and this bumper would look nice. The only area is behind the license plate. I have pics now.

Let me know what you think...I can polish it up for you if you want then take more pics...Just let me know.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Resampled_2012-03-16_18-25-21_831.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Resampled_2012-03-16_18-25-28_459.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 133
  • Resampled_2012-03-16_18-25-39_311.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Resampled_2012-03-16_18-25-53_509.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 169
http://www.chromeautoplating.com/

Fairly priced and quality work. Quoted me $235 each for my Barracuda bumpers and bumperettes and $50 for the tips. They offer a 10% discount to military and their work is show quality (triple plated, the only way to go).

I also bet there are some other chromers near National City and other points south of downtown.

Also,

Not trying to hijack your project or anything, and not sure what kind of budget you are on, but I got one of these cards on my card at Cruisin' Grand in Escondido last summer. Car Coat Superior Paint and Body in Escondido. (760)747-1242. They are on Mission Road (not sure where you reside). There were some handwritten totals on the back of the card that ranged from $445 (MAACO scuff and spray I assume) to $1695 on the high end. I believe I have seen a sample of their work, and it look really good! Not sure if you are planning a color change or not. Figured I would share, since you provided info on that TC place in San Marcos.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Also,

Not trying to hijack your project or anything, and not sure what kind of budget you are on, but I got one of these cards on my card at Cruisin' Grand in Escondido last summer. Car Coat Superior Paint and Body in Escondido. (760)747-1242. They are on Mission Road (not sure where you reside). There were some handwritten totals on the back of the card that ranged from $445 (MAACO scuff and spray I assume) to $1695 on the high end. I believe I have seen a sample of their work, and it look really good! Not sure if you are planning a color change or not. Figured I would share, since you provided info on that TC place in San Marcos.

Keep us posted on your progress!
Thanks for the info. The car goes into a profesional restorer company Monday. If not for my barter on the surveillance system the estimate was about 8K for paint, top and interior.

Since this is going to be a new paint job I need a "like new" or mint condition bumper. I was quoted 300 to re-chrome mine here locally but if I can save a hundred or so on one someone has it would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back