Status
Not open for further replies.

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Just as the title says, looking for a passenger side fresh air box for a heater delete car to fit a '71 Duster. I'm pretty sure any model/year would fit as long as the opening is 6" across. This will be a 'stand alone' vent box not attached to the heater or A/C housing, door hinge on the right.

I know that you can use a driver's side mounted with nuts and bolts or cut one out of a regular heater box but I'd rather have an original if possible.

I actually tried to make one but it's difficult to duplicate. Still working on it but in the mean time, just thought I'd throw this out there to see if someone in one of the warmer climates had one kicking around.

Maybe an Australian member can send me one of their driver's side ones? Perhaps you're parting out a Hemi Dart?

I already have the dash heater control bezel and firewall block off plates, just looking for the final piece of the puzzle.

PM with details - price with shipping to 11743. Won't buy one without seeing pics either so if you got one, take a pic of it beforehand.

Thanks!

- Greg

Here is a pic. from a car that Mosher's is restoring. This is a Hemi Dart but I believe it's the same (or very similar) for a '71 Duster.

fresh-air-box-01-medium.jpg

Still looking for one of these.

As I mentioned initially, the easiest option for me would probably be to use a beat up old heater box. Maybe you have one laying around collecting dust and would be willing to send it to me for the cost of shipping? As long as the vent portion is not trashed, I can cut it off the main housing and patch it. Not willing to cut up the original one from my car.

Pauly in Hawaii has been on the look out for me but nothing has come up yet.

Looked at a few driver's vent boxes but frankly it will never look right with the door on the wrong side and that will bother me since I'm kinda anal about 'correctness'.

It would also be a LOT of work to alter a driver's side box to make it look like the passenger side, don't really want to spend a ton of effort trying to do that. I may at some point but I'm still holding out for a better option.

Anyway, hopefully someone out there has a lead on one.

Thanks!

The box in that photo is an early A 63-66 judging by the door. May be this will help narrow your search. Heater delete is pretty rare though GLWS.

The box in that photo is an early A 63-66 judging by the door. May be this will help narrow your search. Heater delete is pretty rare though GLWS.

Very well may be from an early A but it's in a Hemi Dart. Matters not really.

Heater delete is rare alright, like non-existent.

I always seem to want the most esoteric stuff.

Search continues for a passenger side heater delete vent box.

Calling all Arizona, So Cal, Hawaii and Florida guys to be on the lookout for me.

Still looking.

Someone emailed me the other day saying they saw my ad and had one for sale. However, since the initial exchange he has not returned subsequent email requests for info/pics. Not sure if the guy is a member here or not. Just throwing that out there in case he sees this.

They seem to be few and far between. I gave up looking for one and decided to hack my box and fiberglass it - I am installing a vintage air unit so I thought it would be nice to have a fresh air option on the passenger side. I might even add a duct and an electric valve so the fresh air could go through the ac vents. Best of luck in your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back