Wanted!! Muffler ideas.

-

440 valiant

Reaction score
Hey guys! I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion on a good set of header muffler.My valiant has 3'' exaust below the rocker and is way to loud.I like it but town cop does not.Does any one know about dynatech vortex cone inserts? I am wondering if they will quiet it down some.

Way to loud! :shock:
That's just crazy,there's no such thing! :D
Just don't stand on the throttle when there are cops around,that's what i do but then again i'm not running a 440. :(

what about gettin a set of those purple hornies?? and bolting on then runnign your 3in pipe back alittle farther?

How big are the magnaflow? I only have about 7'' between frame tie and pinchweld.I thught about purple hornies but I just didnt think they would quiet it down enough.I think I can get some tailpipes on but the only bad thing is I cant get under the car behind the front tire but I think I can in front of rear tire so you will see the 3'' down the under side of the car.But I dont think I have to many options.I'll see tomorrow. Thanks guys

Call Scott Brown! he is a genius. He designed my exhaust system and my car went faster with full exhaust than open header's. Here is a link. He was an engineer for Dynomax and went on his own. Race Mufflers is his claim to fame. Tell him Brett Johnson sent you.

http://www.straightline-perf.com/

440 valiant said:
How big are the magnaflow? I only have about 7'' between frame tie and pinchweld.I thught about purple hornies but I just didnt think they would quiet it down enough.I think I can get some tailpipes on but the only bad thing is I cant get under the car behind the front tire but I think I can in front of rear tire so you will see the 3'' down the under side of the car.But I dont think I have to many options.I'll see tomorrow. Thanks guys

they are a good bit larger than 7", sorry.

-
Back