wanted pictures from 60's and 70's

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 68 Dart post car for my next race car. Plan on building a NSS/A out of it. I'd like to see some pictures of old Super Stock 67-69 darts from the 60's and 70's to come up with some ideas and paint schemes from that era. Thanks

Ask and ye shall receive.

ciniGratiotAutoSupply68DartSS2-vi.jpg

MaxHurleyDartSSIndy-vi.jpg

ChuckMcJuryplaymate1-vi.jpg

BobLambeckDartSS-vi.jpg

BobBanning68DartSS1-vi.jpg

BarnhartDartSSvsStiles68Cuda-vi.jpg

GaryHermanDartSSHC976-vi.jpg

CharlieCastaldo68DartSS2-vi.jpg

BobGeorgeDartSS-vi.jpg

I love looking at the cutting edge (for the time) graphics: lace painting, multi-colors, fades...you gotta love it.

Thanks for the pictures. What type of wheels are on the Gary herman dart? I like the rear wheel well cut out designs. I'm thinking of doing mine the same way because that is the way they use to fit slicks on the back during that era. The Hemi hood scoop is a must too. Thanks and keep um coming.

Thanks for the pictures. What type of wheels are on the Gary herman dart? I like the rear wheel well cut out designs. I'm thinking of doing mine the same way because that is the way they use to fit slicks on the back during that era. The Hemi hood scoop is a must too. Thanks and keep um coming.

I am pretty sure they were called Moter Wheel Flys ,,,rare as rocking horse s,,,,,, .Come up on Ebay now and and again and make big money,..They did them in magnesium as well i think ...

That figures. I'll be looking for some but more than likely I'll go with the Keystone classics or the Crager S/S. Thanks to all for your help. I'm leaning towards the cut rear wheel well look since it "looks" right for the NSS class. Rather than the 4 link low sitting big wheel tub look. Either way It will be backhalfed.

A few pictures of our take on how rear arches should be cut in England. Car is owned by a freind of mine .

1_149.jpg

2_108.jpg

I believe the Motorwheel Flys were mag for the fronts only and all the rears were aluminum.They also had a special size lug nut;be sure to get those with the wheels.Last set of 15x10's I had sold for $450.If you want truly unique,get the Spyder race wheels for the rear;they were magnesium.
The closest wheel to Flys today are Bogarts.Good luck with your project!Bob

Nice pics! Wish I could have been there. I ask my father about those days all the time.:toothy10:

-
Back