Status
Not open for further replies.

metallidart

member me?
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a good used set of Eddy heads for a small block, the standard LA version. I'm going to be having them ported, so as long as they aren't cracked I can use them. I'll be going with roller springs, etc so I wouldnt even need springs, just valves and heads. But, I'll take what you have! Send me a pm if you have something. Thanks guys!

I'd rather have the 65 cc heads, but since I'm pretty sure the chambers will be modified, it doesn't really matter I guess. Its going on a 422 stroker with flat tops, and I want to bring the compression down a little. Thanks! You have a set?

I do have a pair of the larger chamber 340 heads. They're still new in the box. I wasn't really planning on selling them.

I'd say that if you're gonna be modifying the chambers, starting with a used set may be the way to go. I see sets come up for around $900 - $1000 once in a while for the smaller chamber heads. Sometimes even cheaper.

Buy them bare new from summit 592.00 and look for discount codes on the internet.

Thats pretty much what I was thinking, just watching for some discount codes and maybe a used set if they pop up. Not in a real big hurry, just gonna keep my eyes open.

Well, no need for the edelbrocks. Thanks for the info! I just picked up a set of Indy 360-1 with cnc porting, the 245's, for about half the price that they are normally!! Only a little more than complete edelbrocks! I know I gotta run an Indy intake and rockers, but they have the dual header pattern so I can use my Super Comps. The engine is an 11.7:1 422, all forged, main girdle, bushed lifter bores, and it will have a Lunati Voodoo solid roller with .585/.600 lift. I cant believe the deal I got! Brand new!!

Well, no need for the edelbrocks. Thanks for the info! I just picked up a set of Indy 360-1 with cnc porting, the 245's, for about half the price that they are normally!! Only a little more than complete edelbrocks! I know I gotta run an Indy intake and rockers, but they have the dual header pattern so I can use my Super Comps. The engine is an 11.7:1 422, all forged, main girdle, bushed lifter bores, and it will have a Lunati Voodoo solid roller with .585/.600 lift. I cant believe the deal I got! Brand new!!

First you might want to double check to see if the cam has a cast iron gear on it, if not you constantly be going back into the motor to clean it out. You might have to hog out the Pushrod hole because of the angle of the pushrods.

I'll have to check on that, if I remember correctly it says I have to use a bronze drive gear. Thanks!! Pushrod holes have already been clearanced, so I'm good there, but ill still check. I only want to do this once lol.

I don't think he has any more available, but if I see some, I'll put post on here or just send you a pm!

Now...anyone wanna buy some small block stuff? I gotta buy the valvetrain and intake, and I'm gonna sell all the stuff I can no longer use.

I'll have to check on that, if I remember correctly it says I have to use a bronze drive gear. Thanks!! Pushrod holes have already been clearanced, so I'm good there, but ill still check. I only want to do this once lol.

I don't think he has any more available, but if I see some, I'll put post on here or just send you a pm!

Now...anyone wanna buy some small block stuff? I gotta buy the valvetrain and intake, and I'm gonna sell all the stuff I can no longer use.

If you get the cam with a cast iron gear on it you can use a standard intermediate shaft (I'd still step up to the hardened intermediate shaft). If you get the billet cam then you have to use a bronze gear. The bronze gear is not for street use, track duty only because those guys are constantly going into the motor. Trust me, this cost me a little bit of money to figure that one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back