wanted stock 440 cam for 72 rb

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not going in the motor for good just need one for fitment I am having trouble with a new roller cam I just got.

Three sets of new bearings. Sent cam back for another they said it was good.
Maybe its the block. Just got it back from shop and cam will not go in way to tight they said I may need to scrape the bearings. Would like another cam to try. I am building this block from scratch

Three sets of new bearings. Sent cam back for another they said it was good.
Maybe its the block. Just got it back from shop and cam will not go in way to tight they said I may need to scrape the bearings. Would like another cam to try. I am building this block from scratch

they had to turn down the journals on my dads "torque Monster" cam From Crower... was a little tight so turn down the cam... new bearings arn't gonna fix it...

So If I had another cam that fits then my new cam needs to be turn down!

i used to live right down the road from you... I-5 and Arena Blvd, right next to...cough... UTI, i went to wyo though... i got lost in your neck of the woods once in my dart at 2am...

So If I had another cam that fits then my new cam needs to be turn down!

No not necessarily , BB mopars are notorious for the cam tunnel being slightly out of whack. the shop that installed the cam bearings should have fitted a cam tothe block before they returned the block to you. What you need to do is get an old cam and cut a diaganol groove across the journals , install the cam and turn it , this will scrape the bearings where needed , make sure you clean up the block good afterwards .

I had a 400 block that had to have the cam tunnel line honed to straighten it out it was that bad.

I've got a few but shipping across the country would make it not a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back