Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckwagon2004

71 dartswinger
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys im looking to buy a new stud gun welder... If anyone has one they would like to get rid of give me a shout. If anyone has had some good luck with a certain brand give me a shout as well. I was just going to try and save a few bucks on buying a used one!!
Regards
Chuck

Borrowed a Harbor Freight slide hammer version from a friend once and it worked GREAT! Easy to use and acceptable results for a non-body worker chick. Highly recommended if you don't need to use it all the time (you know how HF quality lasts -- NOT).

Remember to use the 20% off coupon that they have in all the magazines, their's one every month in Muscle car reveiw.

Some things from HF are hit and miss but their stud gun is a good one. We have been using one for years with no problems.

I've never welded a gun, but I am still a stud! oooh, you want a stud gun welder thingy, oops. sorry!

If you buy it get a shrinking bit. Eastwood sells one. If you have ever had a body panel the was hit hard you know the metal stretches pretty bad. It has the same effect as a tin can.The bit installs in the end of the gun and heats and shrinks the metal back into shape,you can actually see the metal pop back. It is only like 15 dollars for the bit but once you see the results you will be amazed.

I have the HF gun, works great. I threw away the slide hammer it came with though, it didn't work right for me. I got one of the slide hammers that Eastwood sells to go with my HF gun, its a twist on and off kind of attachment to the studs.

If you buy it get a shrinking bit. Eastwood sells one. If you have ever had a body panel the was hit hard you know the metal stretches pretty bad. It has the same effect as a tin can.The bit installs in the end of the gun and heats and shrinks the metal back into shape,you can actually see the metal pop back. It is only like 15 dollars for the bit but once you see the results you will be amazed.

This bit fits the HF gun? I just ordered the gun. I bought the HF gun cause its cheap and probably wont see much action :D only one project right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back