WANTED: Template for Elephant ears for a 400 BB

-

TAZLDAZL

AMSOIL DEALER
Reaction score
Looking for a template for elephant ears to fit a 400 BB in a 71 Demon. If anybody has a set I'd be willing to buy.
Thanks TAZZ

Stamierdodge,
I'm looking for a template that I can layout on some aluminum and then have my buddy use his CNC machine to cut them out. I would prefer the ears style vice the whole onepiece motor plate. I don't know what thickness I'll be using but probably around 1/4"-3/8". or If somebody has any suggestions on thickness I'll take it.
Thanks
TAZZ

I have not done it personally, however, if you go to youtube and search rickhz, you will see a very nice setup and possibly contact him, he does his whole build on youtube.

ya these are from the 80s so there simple one is about 3 inches longer then the other though. 3 holes cut down the center for race credit ;) i do not know why but i can just cut it down. they arnt home made or anything. i would go the 3/8 route to be safe i read an article on BBD and he used 1/4 plate then used a torque strap for added security....

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I had a club member that had a template and I built some out of 1/4 aluminum.
Thanks again
TAZZ

-
Back