Wanting to suggest a paint & Body section be added to the forum.

-

Texas Red

Old Flunky
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Wanting to suggest a paint & Body section be added to the forum. I am needing to clear coat my paint job on my car. Had a couple of runs in several sections due to my rookie painting abilities. i don't see
a paint & body section on our forum. This might have been suggested before but like today after wet sanding the runs I am thinking i need to buff the dull finish out .....prior to
putting clear coat over my paint. But I don't know this for sure. Always fighting humidity here in South Texas we had a front make its way through the Lone Star state creating this dryer conditions. So now you know the whole situation. I will look elsewhere because my window of opportunity (low humidity) will be closing fast. Texas Red

1713721438826.png

Wanting to suggest a paint & Body section be added to the forum. I am needing to clear coat my paint job on my car. Had a couple of runs in several sections due to my rookie painting abilities. i don't seeadheasion
a paint & body section on our forum. This might have been suggested before but like today after wet sanding the runs I am thinking i need to buff the dull finish out .....prior to
putting clear coat over my paint. But I don't know this for sure. Always fighting humidity here in South Texas we had a front make its way through the Lone Star state creating this dryer conditions. So now you know the whole situation. I will look elsewhere because my window of opportunity (low humidity) will be closing fast. Texas Red
You don't want it shiny. You can clearcoat over #800. I wouldn't go any finer than #1000. It needs a little "tooth" for adhesion. Relax, take your time. Stop and look at the paint as you are applying it. Let the fog clear a little if you are have poor ventilation.

-
Back