wanting your thoughts about ets

-

sickandwrongcustoms

Reaction score
I would to see what you folks think about my car.it is not done yet. this is what i got.car is 71 dart mini tubbed.8 3/4 with 4.56 gear 29:9:15 slicks.stock bottom end 400 withe 452 head.edelbrock rpm premfromer.484 cam.750 holley. stock 727 tranny.fenderwell headers. i would like to et times for both 1/4 and 1/8.and any ideas on tuning or anything to make it faster.thanks a lot. and for the pic hounds i will try to post some I'm on a phone and not that smart anyways.

car is 71 dart mini tubbed.8 3/4 with 4.56 gear 29:9:15 slicks.

stock bottom end 400 withe 452 head.edelbrock rpm premfromer.484 cam.750 holley.

stock 727 tranny.

fenderwell headers.

Generally what my car was when first started, at about 6000 DA, best I could pull was a 13:20 @ 101, I am new driver and learning, terrible track prep - put your excuse here.

Not sure if this helped and good luck

At a quick glance, I see.....

A low compression 3.38 stroke engine, with real nice bolt on's, and a cam that will soften the bottom end, but make some power in the upper mid range thru the top end.

I'll be real conservative, and say you're in the 325hp range...You have a tall tire, but the 4.56's should put you in a very good spot. Knowing the actual weight of the car would help a lot?

So here's where I'm at.....Your (torque converter/stall speed) will make or break a combo like this as far as et's. If it's a stock or a lower stall speed, the most you can do is run as much timing down low in the curve as you can to help you get going, meaning 60' times. If by chance you have or are going to step the converter, I think you'll get some respectable times out of it.

At this point, I think you have the potential go 8.0's in the 1/8th & 12.70's in the 1/4. But it really depends on the weight of the car, the converter, and the final combo.

Keep us informed, and supply as much info as you can going forward...

Good Luck, Rick

Not knowing the compression, head work, stock 727 which could also mean a stock converter stock susp i would say 13.80- 14.10.

there are a ton of variables that are still in the dark.

I think it could run a lot better with a new avatar lmao!
Too many variables for me to want to guess

-
Back