Warning about SCAMMERS

-

Chargervic

Reaction score
Hi Moparians,
I just received the warning from our Moderator about scammers hitting our site. It's true! I just had an answer to my request for a 273 intake from someone in Florida (according to his profile, anyway). The story followed the moderator's message exactly. Here's the text from his email:
Hi Vic,

I still have the 2465746 intake manifold 4bbl for sale in excellent shape and condition. I'm asking $250 shipped for it. I will be shipping via UPS or FedEx whichever you prefer and shall accept payment via Money gram as my PayPal is dormant. What's your shipping address?

thanks,

Andy.

What a load of crap. Everybody's Paypal is dormant. Until they use it again. lol

Not sure about the 'PayPal dormant' thing as I do not/will not use PayPal. But must admit that the 'dormant' thing and the 'Money gram' thing would make me suspicious. Especially both of them together.

We paid off and cut up all of our credit cards except for one which is literally frozen in water in a ziplock bag in our freezer. And after it is paid off, we are going to cut it up and celebrate.

So having no credit cards, I send US Postal Money Orders when I purchase parts for my car and accept them as payment when I sell something and ship it. Of course if someone is local and picks up something I am selling in person, or if I buy something and pick it up locally...... Its a cash transaction.

Best regards,

Harry

Tell him to send you the manifold and if you can use it you will send
him a moneygram forthwith. It works both ways and it's not your fault
that his Paypal is "dormant". See what he says. He may get upset but
he is asking you to send him an untraceable payment.

-
Back