Was cruise control offered on 74 Darts?

-

bb74swngr

Reaction score
Hi yall,

I have a complete cruise control setup that is suppose to be from a 74 Dart. I am going to put it on regardless, but wondered if it was an option for this year.

If it was available, I really could use some underhood pics of where it mounts so the speedo cables and throttle cable will reach. I want to mount it in the stock position if possible.

Any help with pics would be appreciated!!!

Thanks everyone,
Russ:)

I think so, I know you could take your 74 Dart to the dealer back then to have it put on.

Thanks DSG! I can't even remember what happened last week let alone in 74. That means there is a good possibility that someone will have a pic of their cruise control to share.

Thanks for helping out,
Russ:)

try to find a shop manual- they usually have pretty clear pictures in them. I plan on doing the same with my 74 Swinger- i have everything from a 74 New yorker and the dart inner fender has the dimples in the right spot to locate it.

Couple of years ago I pulled the disc brakes off a 74ish Dart and it had cruise control (which I pulled also). I've got a 74 Dealer Showroom Album and it makes no mention of Cruise Control (or Automatic Speed Control) being available for an A Body. Would be willing to bet that it would be a dealer installed option. The control unit on the turn signal switch looked like the same as the B Body.

-
Back