Was there ever a "no radio installed" option?

-

Woodsman341

Reaction score
I know I'm asking a lot of questions lately, but -

Did this piece ever come without any holes for the radio? I seem to remember my original 75 didn't have a factory radio, that this piece was solid all the way across. I could be wrong, though... memory is a fickle thing.

If there was a "no radio" option, does anyone have this piece without the holes? I have a perfectly good trim piece, clean but needs the woodgrain redone (obviously).

If such a thing never existed, what do people use to cover that section?

s-l1600 (3)~2.jpg

"Radio Delete" option had a plate that covered the hole in the standard dash trim.
UbHQ474C474&o=5&pid=21.1&w=136&h=136&qlt=100&dpr=1.jpg

Edit: I misspoke, radio delete was standard; radios were optional. Thanks to those who corrected me!

Last edited:
All radios were options, although most cars had them.

I have seen 67 Valiant Signet dash bezels with no radio holes, the bezel was the "delete" panel, no extra panel.

Did they do this on other cars or years, the parts books would probably show it.

Alan

An example, the 67 Valiant was cleaner, not a filled on like this.

From a cursory scan of eBay.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

An example, the 67 Valiant was cleaner, not a filled on like this.

From a cursory scan of eBay.
View attachment 1716058426

View attachment 1716058424

I did see that one, but it was the wrong year range. Still, seeing that one made me think maybe the later 70s dashes had something similar.

I'm experienced with molding, casting, and thermoforming, so I *may* get ambitious and see if I can recreate the lower portion of the panel.

I have seen 67 Valiant Signet dash bezels with no radio holes, the bezel was the "delete" panel, no extra panel.

Did they do this on other cars or years, the parts books would probably show it.

Alan
My 73 Dart Sport did not have a radio. The dash panel did not even have a provision for the radio. The passenger side fender did have the antenna hole punched in it with a die cast plug. My guess is that the factory thought that by punching the hole in every one was easier than trying to match the fender with a radio option.

My 73 Dart Sport did not have a radio. The dash panel did not even have a provision for the radio. The passenger side fender did have the antenna hole punched in it with a die cast plug. My guess is that the factory thought that by punching the hole in every one was easier than trying to match the fender with a radio option.

I found this online, in another old Mopar forum. This is exactly what was in my '75, and I would really like to find one.

4806020-1973Duster340radiobezel2~2.JPG

My 67 Dart 270 has the regular bezel and an oblong plate over the radio hole, although I've never had the plate off to see if there was a hole behind it. And no hole punched in the fender.

My 68 Valiant is the same, blanking plate over where the radio would go and no hole in the fender.

-
Back