Washer Knob Removal?

-

monatoad

Reaction score
Well I was able to remove 2 out of 3 of the knobs on my dash tonight. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the washer knob off. It's the one to the right of the steering wheel. This has to be something easy I would think.

This is a '69 dart.

Thanks,

Jesse

I would have thought it would. But no, at least not that I can see. I was out there for awhile and was close to just breaking it off. I just went back out to check and still cant find one.

You're right. I must have been thinking of a different knob! I just checked mine and it just slips over the D shaped shaft coimng out of the switch.

Does this mean just pull hard and hope for the best?

After a few minutes of frustration thats what I would do! I wonder if you could get some kroil or penetrating fluid back in there with a q tip or something. kroil is really good a creeping in places like that.

I'm pretty sure that's all it does.........slips over the shaft.........Seems there may be a small black "collar" under there for proper pressure, like some of the radio knobs.

Got it. I would not have used that much force without knowing that's how it was supposed to come off.

Thanks for the quick help

-
Back