Washington DC Anyone live or visit there?

-

breakstuff

Reaction score
Sometime this summer I'm taking a trip to Washington DC, The only thing I know is it has the highest population of elected criminals. Anyway I want to find a city or town near by so I can take a train in and out of DC. Wheres a good place to stay where I don't have to worry about getting shot, stabbed, mugged, robbed, or any other random act of violence? Plus I'd like to keep my honky butt away from any pending race riots or trigger happy cops.

college park Md, the university of Md is right there so hotels and motels are plenty and it is close to dc with subway access.

my aunt lives there and is actually in charge of part of the transit system. in my experience the train system sucks almost as bad as the unfriendly/unhelpful people that work/ride it. I know not everybody is like that but i found the vast majority to be very miserable.

but parts of Virgina are very close as well

You should stay out in Arlington or Falls Church area in Virginia to the west of DC. Nice area with some nice hotels and several close metro stations to make the trek into DC with ease. You can check out the WMATA website to get metro information. You could also try the Alexandria area to the south. PM if you have some more questions. I work in downtown DC so I can offer some advice.

You should stay out in Arlington or Falls Church area in Virginia to the west of DC. Nice area with some nice hotels and several close metro stations to make the trek into DC with ease. You can check out the WMATA website to get metro information. You could also try the Alexandria area to the south. PM if you have some more questions. I work in downtown DC so I can offer some advice.

listen to this guy lol

i have family in fredericksburg

A few years ago, my wife and I stayed near Silver Springs, and took the Metro into D.C. everyday. Must see sights, all the war memorials, Natl. Air and Space museum, Intl. Spy museum, the American History museum. One night, we went into D.C. after dark to see the WWII, Korea, and Vietnam Memorials lit up. It is a very moving experience.

Lol LA can't be much different were from New Zealand and went down last year stayed walking distance from the white house no hassles at all lot of bars and places to eat.

I visited there a few times, the people I have met were all friendly, some went way out of their way to be helpful.

I was there in a hotel when the snipers were caught also.

The transportation system is very easy to use & the Smithsonian & national monuments are must sees.

listen to this guy lol

i have family in fredericksburg

Ok, I'm going to listen to him. The wife thinks Arlington is the place to go

Stay at Oakwood in Falls Church. Can walk to Metro with no issues. I lived there for 4 years.

http://www.oakwood.com/cms/oakwood-...church|pmt|e&gclid=CM-m1aHFmcYCFcmPHwodZiAA5A

Save up to 50% on your Washington D.C. Stay!

Book now for November and save big! Whether traveling for business, attending the 2014 Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, or visiting family over the Thanksgiving holiday, save up to 50% compared to area event hotels. Oakwood Falls Church is just a short metro ride away from the Convention Center and downtown Washington D.C., so book your stay today to lock in your extra savings!

Rates

Studio Furnished Apartment
Starting at $89/night*
Includes queen size bed and full-kitchen

One Bedroom Furnished Apartment
Starting at $99/night*
Includes king size bed, full-kitchen and in-unit washer and dryer

Additional Amenities
•Fitness Center
•High Speed Wi-Fi
•Stainless Steel Appliances
•Tennis, Basketball and Sand Volleyball Courts
•Complimentary Shuttle to East Falls Church Metro
•On-site Convenience Store
•On-site Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services

Terms and Conditions
•*Minimum of 3 nights stay
•*Rate excludes housekeeping
•*Must arrive by November 30, 2014
•*Rates and availability are subject to change

Take a Segs in the City tour - you'll see all the monuments on the Mall quicker, with minimal walking, and you'll have a blast - as dumb as they look, they're 10x as much fun - and don't use a different company - Segs in the City will let you go off of 'turtle mode', so you can go faster.

http://www.segsinthecity.com/segs_in_dc.htm

Also, when you do the Smithsonian, allow at least a couple of hours for the Native American museum - we got there late and didn't get to see much of it - it was way better than I expected.

(and, if you play the Fallout 3 game, you'll know your way around - we were in one of the Smithsonian museums and my son says, "right around the corner is Abraham Lincoln's Stovepipe hat" - and it was - I asked him how he knew this - "Fallout 3" :)

Have a blast!

I usually stay in Bethesda, it's not the cheapest but it seems safe to me and it's on the Metro line.

One Smithsonian museum that gets overlooked is the Portrait Gallery. It really holds your interest. It's in a beautiful Greek Revival building that was the Patent Office. The building also houses the American Museum of Art, should you want to look at paintings. It stays open til 7 and it's never crowded. Trust me, it's worth a visit!

Slap chit outta Obama for me when you get there. Make it a backhand. With knuckles involved. Maybe wearin a couple of heavy rings.

yeah, Silver Spring, Chevy Chase, Bethesda areas are nice. If you going to stay there you might just want to look into Georgetown. Just stay out of SE and you'll be fine. I lived DC area for 30 years. Adams Morgan (DC) is a neat neighborhood to visit for some food diversity, you name it, it is there.
I am driving out next week to stay with family. but ill be in Brighton and the Solomans Is. Then off to Carlisle.

A few years ago, my wife and I stayed near Silver Springs, and took the Metro into D.C. everyday. Must see sights, all the war memorials, Natl. Air and Space museum, Intl. Spy museum, the American History museum. One night, we went into D.C. after dark to see the WWII, Korea, and Vietnam Memorials lit up. It is a very moving experience.

if you have some time to tour the masonic temple..
its pretty cool, many library's, and books from the 14th century.

cant miss it ..has the two sphinx's out side

-
Back